Online Bachelor of Arts in Human Services Counseling
Discover What It Takes to Empower Others
Empowering Students to Transform Our World.
The Bachelor of Arts in Human Services Counseling program from East Central University Online empowers students with professional counseling skills through a pragmatic, hands-on approach to learning. Serving Oklahoma with the state’s only human services counseling degree, ECU Online offers an accelerated curriculum delivered in an interactive online classroom, plus hands-on experience through exclusive internship opportunities.
ECU Online delivers rewarding experiences and affordable tuition, all in a convenient format that fits your life. To help lower your tuition further, we offer a generous transfer policy for students with previous college credits.
Choose From 2 Concentrations
Transfer up to 94 Credits
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
Get Ready to Thrive in Human Services Counseling
Through our career-driven courses, you’ll gain the ability to integrate human services counseling theory with practice as you engage with expert faculty and complete an internship in the professional setting of your choice. When you complete the B.A. in Human Services Counseling program, you’ll have qualifications and professional skills for developing service plans and improving the lives of others. You can choose from two concentrations:
Continue Your Education in a Flexible Format
ECU’s online programs offer the ultimate flexibility. You will take classes in a format that allows you to advance your education and continue meeting your work and life commitments. In addition to convenience, you will benefit from rigorous academics and rewarding options for engaging classmates.
Help Vulnerable Populations Throughout Your Career
Human services professionals use various resources to help others improve their lives. As a graduate of East Central University’s online human services counseling program, you’ll be empowered to make a difference in your community by pursuing a variety of careers.
Careers in Human Services and Beyond
- Community Outreach Director: $51,467 per year1
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor: $48,520 per year2
- Family Support Specialist: $43,363 per year3
- Case Manager: $43,160 per year4
- Social Services Specialist: $35,734 per year5
- Mental Health Aide: $35,279 per year6
In 1909, East Central University was established in eastern Oklahoma to provide teacher certification training. Since then, ECU has grown considerably and now offers many undergraduate and graduate degrees. As the alma mater of business leaders, elected officials, artists, scientists and astronauts, ECU continues to provide innovative learning experiences on campus and online.
Request More Information
East Central University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Payscale. “Average Community Outreach Director Salary.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Salary.com “Family Support Specialist Salary in the United States.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Case Manager Hourly Pay.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Social Service Specialist Salary.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Mental Health Worker Hourly Pay.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.