Educate. Empower. Transform.
Empowering Students to Transform Our World.
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
100+ Years of History
Transform Your Future. Right Now.
East Central University is recognized as one of Oklahoma’s premier regional universities. With a host of online degree programs, we offer an exceptional educational experience that prepares you to become an adaptable and innovative problem-solver in your career and the world. Our online programs extend our 100-year history of excellence to the digital sphere, readying students everywhere to go further and do more.
ECU Online delivers rewarding experiences and affordable tuition, all in a convenient format that fits your life. To help lower your tuition further, we offer a generous transfer policy for students with previous college credits.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Ranked among the top 60 public schools by U.S. News & World Report for 20231
- Named one of the “15 Best Value Colleges and Universities in Oklahoma” by Best Value Schools in 20202
Online Degree Programs
Discover fully online programs that are flexible, affordable and fit your life.
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Learn from expert faculty who prepare you for social work practice in today’s rapidly changing and diverse society
- Build your knowledge through hands-on internship opportunities and a study of social work theory
- Benefit from a comprehensive education as you prepare for law enforcement leadership
- Explore current law enforcement issues and diverse aspects of the criminal justice system
- Graduate with the broad knowledge needed for the law enforcement or human services position you want
- Get started in the only human services counseling program offered in Oklahoma
- Specialize your education by choosing from concentrations in counseling and rehabilitation
- Take this opportunity to tailor your degree to your professional goals
- Pursue a credential that enables working professionals to meet employer requirements for career advancement
- This program offers interdisciplinary courses, an internship opportunity and collaborative partnerships with the Choctaw and Chickasaw nations
- Develop the tools, training and experience to engage with the needs and cultural affairs of Native American communities
- Prepare to continue your education at the graduate level or follow a career path that interests you
- Build skills in software engineering, business strategy, applicable mathematics, practical computer applications and more
- ECU developed the curriculum with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) guidelines
- Prepare to thrive in computer programming, software development or data analysis
- Prepare to achieve your career goals in the health, well-being, special population and fitness fields
- Complete an 80-hour practicum to gain real-world experience in the field
- Gain essential communication skills and advanced technical expertise while learning from expert educators with real-world experience
- Explore the intricacies of abnormal psychology, psychology throughout the lifespan and innovative counseling methods
- Establish a foundation for continuing your education in a master’s program or pursuing numerous career opportunities
- Innovative curriculum to strengthen your professional skills
- Designed for people who want to advance their careers in the field of criminal justice
- Prepares graduates to become certified principals, vice principals or other administrative roles in K-12 schools
- You can finish the program in 18 months
- Aligns with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council standards
- Readies working educators to sit for their librarian exam and become school library media specialists in grades PK-12
- Offers 40 practicum hours that emphasize all areas of school librarianship, including technology
- Specialized coursework in special education
- Explores the unique learning abilities and psychological requirements of children with disabilities
- Prepares professional educators for athletic leadership positions such as head coach or athletic director
- Features a comprehensive curriculum with 100 hours of practical hands-on training
- Aligns with the National Association for Sport and Physical Education standards and the North American Society for Sports Management standards
- Trains students for environmental leadership roles in federal, state, nonprofit and industry settings
- An interdisciplinary curriculum that helps graduates develop both research skills and political capacity for water advocacy
- Prepares educational leaders with the required knowledge and skills to pass the Oklahoma certification test for school superintendents and qualify for career advancement
- Complete this certificate program in as little as one year
In 1909, East Central University was established in eastern Oklahoma to provide teacher certification training. Since then, ECU has grown considerably and now offers many undergraduate and graduate degrees. As the alma mater of business leaders, elected officials, artists, scientists and astronauts, ECU continues to provide innovative learning experiences on campus and online.
Continue Your Education in a Flexible Format
ECU’s online programs offer the ultimate flexibility. You will take classes in a format that allows you to advance your education and continue meeting your work and life commitments. In addition to convenience, you will benefit from rigorous academics and rewarding options for engaging classmates.
Online Courses That Transform Students into Problem-Solvers
We strive to offer high-quality academics, training our students to serve as caring and generous professionals who will positively impact the world. You will benefit from an accelerated curriculum and innovative skill-building techniques to prepare for career advancement. Thanks to our forward-thinking approach, you will engage in courses that we adapt to the ever-changing world by offering the latest information and most relevant education available.
Exceptional Experiences to Propel Your Professional Success
Our online programs prepare you to make a difference for organizations, other people and the world. While seeking your degree online, you’ll access the same career preparation as students on campus, with additional flexibility for fitting your program into your schedule. Complete the form to request information about achieving your goals in education, healthcare, law enforcement, nursing, technology and other in-demand fields.
10 Rewarding Careers for ECU Graduates
Ranked by the average or median salary.
- Software Developer: $120,730 per year3
- First-Line Supervisor: $98,760 per year4
- School Principal: $98,420 per year5
- Detective or Criminal Investigator: $83,640 per year6
- Curriculum Director: $73,932 per year7
- Director of Special Education: $73,678 per year8
- Fitness and Wellness Director: $55,526 per year9
- Community Outreach Director: $51,467 per year10
- Mental Health Counselor: $48,520 per year11
Request More InformationRequest Info
- U.S. News & World Report. “East Central University Rankings.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/.
- Best Value Schools. “15 Best Value Colleges and Universities in Oklahoma.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.bestvalueschools.com/rankings/state/oklahoma/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Testers: Pay.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021 33-1012: First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Police and Detectives: Pay.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Curriculum Director Salary.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Director of Special Education Salary.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Director, Fitness & Wellness Salary.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Community Outreach Director Salary.” Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors.” Retrieved October 20, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.